Swagway has bad products and even worse customer service!

Update added by user Feb 23

I received new replacement Swagway X1's on Wednesday 2/17/2016 after contacting wecare@swagway.com. They appear to be working as intended and my kids are very happy!

Original review posted by user Feb 10

BUYERS PLEASE BE INFORMED!!! This company does not stand behind their product and has fraudulent and deceptive business practices! The two Swagway X1's I ordered were defective right out of the box Christmas Day. One was shaking violently and dangerous, the other one had a big shudder and then stopped working after 15 minutes with the red light flashing on top. This was not user errors and there have been many complaints on Facebook about their defective sensor boards. What a Christmas let down for the kids with their Santa presents not working! Now, these things can happen, but ....for 48 days my twin boys have been waiting for their defective Swayway X1's to be replaced or I requested a refund as an alternative. I paid $800 and ordered directly from Swagway.com on 11/30/15. We received the Hoverboards on 12/16/2015 and they were opened Christmas morning. There is no end yet to this story...this was my response today after they have had the products returned and signed for a month ago (would have been sooner if it didn't take them two weeks to issue RMA return labels that they require for returns).

"Hello again!

Unfortunately, due to the nature of how the items are processed, I do not have any further information regarding where you Swagway is at in the *** at this time. I do apologize for the inconvenience. This is something we are constantly working on, getting a system to tell customer what number they are in the ***. You Swagway should be inspected this week, if the technicians keep up their current pace. That's all the information I have available to me at this time. Thanks! Have a great day!

RMA Department Manager

9:30am-5:30pm EST. "

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Mar 09 #1124486

Swagway verified representative

I do want to apologize you received two defective units.
Swagway works hard to ensure our products are of the utmost highest quality through a rigorous quality control process, however we do make mistakes.
When these mistakes occur we step up to ensure you are satisfied with your Swagway experience.
Swagways come with a one year warranty FREE with any purchase from an authorized retailer. Any and all defects are covered by this warranty.
Thank You for your feedback!

7 0 Reply

Feb 25 #1117607

Exact same BS here...unbelievable.

0 7 Reply

Feb 16 #1112993

Why would any parent think something like this would be a good idea anyway? ???

1 7 Reply

Feb 25 #1117683

The boards are actually a lot of fun..: )

5 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.