Swagway has bad products and even worse customer service!
Update added by user Feb 23, 2016
I received new replacement Swagway X1's on Wednesday 2/17/2016 after contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. They appear to be working as intended and my kids are very happy!
Original review posted by user Feb 10, 2016
BUYERS PLEASE BE INFORMED!!! This company does not stand behind their product and has fraudulent and deceptive business practices! The two Swagway X1's I ordered were defective right out of the box Christmas Day. One was shaking violently and dangerous, the other one had a big shudder and then stopped working after 15 minutes with the red light flashing on top. This was not user errors and there have been many complaints on Facebook about their defective sensor boards. What a Christmas let down for the kids with their Santa presents not working! Now, these things can happen, but ....for 48 days my twin boys have been waiting for their defective Swayway X1's to be replaced or I requested a refund as an alternative. I paid $800 and ordered directly from Swagway.com on 11/30/15. We received the Hoverboards on 12/16/2015 and they were opened Christmas morning. There is no end yet to this story...this was my response today after they have had the products returned and signed for a month ago (would have been sooner if it didn't take them two weeks to issue RMA return labels that they require for returns).
Unfortunately, due to the nature of how the items are processed, I do not have any further information regarding where you Swagway is at in the *** at this time. I do apologize for the inconvenience. This is something we are constantly working on, getting a system to tell customer what number they are in the ***. You Swagway should be inspected this week, if the technicians keep up their current pace. That's all the information I have available to me at this time. Thanks! Have a great day!
RMA Department Manager
9:30am-5:30pm EST. "
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Defective product
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Swagway X1 Smart Balancing Electric Skateboard
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Stove Range Model #FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe's December 2005. Used the broiler for the very first time on May 9, 2010 and the stove caught on fire - insulation..."
- "the worst company who took my money for A Grade iPhone 5S and send me all C & D Grade products......I am going to protest against that , hope they..."
- "My Latest Experience with Sony Corporation of America Event # E58894537 Service Notification: 301547845 Order # 36065586 1. I own Sony’s Flagship SACD Player, the SCD-1, cost: $5,000.00. It should be mentioned, this player..."
- "Could somebody help me retrieve the first fourteen digits on my credit card please? I have not seen my card for a month and I need help to remember my..."
- "You may have seen the ads stream across your social media accounts about some celebrity losing their job because they lost weight (Melissa McCarthy, for example) and all because they..."
- "100% FAILED, RECALLED Matress- their brand! I have a spinal fusion and now needd 2 surgeries.... I count on my mattress to be GREAT- so they claim- Admitted faulty product!..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "Ordered three jackets from rosegal.com and two were delivered, still waiting on the third. The quality is mind-blowingly horrible, and the fabric is atrocious. The jackets even SMELL carcinogenic. The..."