Swagway has bad products and even worse customer service!
Update added by user Feb 23
I received new replacement Swagway X1's on Wednesday 2/17/2016 after contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. They appear to be working as intended and my kids are very happy!
Original review posted by user Feb 10
BUYERS PLEASE BE INFORMED!!! This company does not stand behind their product and has fraudulent and deceptive business practices! The two Swagway X1's I ordered were defective right out of the box Christmas Day. One was shaking violently and dangerous, the other one had a big shudder and then stopped working after 15 minutes with the red light flashing on top. This was not user errors and there have been many complaints on Facebook about their defective sensor boards. What a Christmas let down for the kids with their Santa presents not working! Now, these things can happen, but ....for 48 days my twin boys have been waiting for their defective Swayway X1's to be replaced or I requested a refund as an alternative. I paid $800 and ordered directly from Swagway.com on 11/30/15. We received the Hoverboards on 12/16/2015 and they were opened Christmas morning. There is no end yet to this story...this was my response today after they have had the products returned and signed for a month ago (would have been sooner if it didn't take them two weeks to issue RMA return labels that they require for returns).
Unfortunately, due to the nature of how the items are processed, I do not have any further information regarding where you Swagway is at in the *** at this time. I do apologize for the inconvenience. This is something we are constantly working on, getting a system to tell customer what number they are in the ***. You Swagway should be inspected this week, if the technicians keep up their current pace. That's all the information I have available to me at this time. Thanks! Have a great day!
RMA Department Manager
9:30am-5:30pm EST. "
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Defective product
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Swagway X1 Smart Balancing Electric Skateboard
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I would like to ensure that all fellow Costco Members and consumers are aware of the lack of customer service and assistance when dealing with products that are damaged/defective straight..."
- "I ordered a brand new 2016 Vizio TV. It came delivered to me in an undamaged box but the unit is damaged. I sent the pictures as requested..."
- "I bought a RainSoft water softener after mailing in a water sample that I brought home from Home Depot. I wrote the check (see attachment), but the account is..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "Ordered three jackets from rosegal.com and two were delivered, still waiting on the third. The quality is mind-blowingly horrible, and the fabric is atrocious. The jackets even SMELL carcinogenic. The..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."
- "I know that moves can be tricky and I've worked with several national and local companies, but this was the WORST experience with a crew I have ever had. Honestly,..."
- "I recently sold my Goyard St. Louis tote on Poshmark. But Poshmark cancelled the sale and deleted my account saying the bag is not real. They even charged me 20..."