2.5
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Bought a Swagway for my son for Christmas, broke within a few months (wouldn't charge). Sat around and then got around to returning the item.

Had to pay for shipping to return a defective item (who does this anymore?) Received the "Fixed" board back. Wouldn't even charge the first time we got it back. Again, it sat around until we got around to shipping it back. Sorry Swagway, my life does not revolve around shipping and returning merchandise.

Was told that it had to be 30 days from when I got it back to receive free shipping, are you kidding me. You never fixed it in the first place and now you are dictating to me when I have to get it back to you. So I checked with them on when I received the "Fixed/broken" item. I was 4 days out of the 30.

So now I am supposed to pay even more to ship it back again for a repair that was never done. BS total BS. What faith do you have in your product when you cannot cover shipping to repair what should have been done right the first time. Shameful.

If you want a overboard, Please purchase one that backs their product. I await their response to again tell me how irresponsible I was to not run out and ship it out in what they feel is a timely manner.

This 30 day period was never made known until I needed to ship it back. Beware.

Product or Service Mentioned: Swagway Hoverboard Repair.

Preferred solution: Send me a shipping label to fix a problem that you failed to fix the first time. .

Company wrote 0 private and 2 public responses to the review from Jun 10, 2016.

Comments

SwagTron
Chicago, Illinois, United States #1197368
Swagway Verified Representative

I still have not heard from you! I look forward to getting this problem solved as quickly as possible!

I hope your lack of response means the problem has been solved!

However if it has not, I am here to offer you any assistance required.

SwagTron
Swagway Verified Representative

SwagTron™ (f.k.a. Swagway) has sent you a prepaid label for this repair.

I truly apologize that your Swagway broke after you received it, rode it, and charged it.

We have a very strict testing and inspection policy and your Swagway was tested/inspected by at least 2 technicians after the repair but before being returned to you. The battery, charging port, and all electronic circuitry were tested and determined to operate within normal operating parameters.

We replaced your motherboard, sensor boards, and upgraded your battery to the UL listed SwagTron™ trademarked SentryShield™ battery for superior battery life and upgraded safety features (free upgrade).

Occasionally the unit can be damaged in shipping due to the higher than average weight of our package compared to a standard UPS delivery. It can also be damaged by attempting to insert the charger into the charging port without proper alignment. These are the most common causes of units failing to charge.

We offer pre-paid labels to all repairs within 30 days from the receipt date. I apologize you are unhappy with our policy.

Our warranty clearly states that we cover 100% of parts, labor, and return shipping to you as part of the FREE one-year manufacturer's warranty. You can see the term and conditions of the warranty publicly posted for your reference here: https://swagway.com/terms-conditions/ Outside of 30 days it is standard practice in E-commerce for the customer to pay shipping for a free repair under warranty. This policy is known and supported by all Swagway Ecommerce retailers including Amazon.com, Ebay.com, Modell's Sporting Goods, BJ's wholesale, QVC, HSN, shop.ca, and many others. We offer the best warranty in our industry.

SwagTron™ works hard to ensure every SwagTron™ experience is a positive one! However our policy is designed to be fair to our customers, and offering a pre-paid label within 30 days of receipt is going beyond our industry competition. Our repair service is also fast and efficient for your convienence. We have provided a prepaid label as you requested (please check your email) and look forward to getting your Swagway X1 back to you in an expedient manner.

In the future please email support@Swagway.com with customer issues such as requesting prepaid labels outside of the 30 day policy and you will find a 100% US based and polite customer service team ready to respond to your issue! Thank You for choosing SwagTron™!